ESLint v5.9.0 released
We just pushed ESLint v5.9.0, which is a minor release upgrade of ESLint. This release adds some new features and fixes several bugs found in the previous release.
The following are the most important changes in this release.
The –fix-type option
This version introduces a new
--fix-type option for the command line interface. This option allows you to filter the type of fixes applied when using
--fix. You can specify the type of fixes to apply based on the new rule types we’ve assigned to each rule. The three rule types are:
problem- the rule flags a potential problem with your code.
suggestion- the rule flags something that could be done in a better or preferred way.
layout- the rule flags changes limited to whitespace, semicolons, commas, or parentheses.
You might find this option useful if you’re using a source code formatter with ESLint, in which case you might want to use
--fix-type problem,suggestion to only apply fixes for rules that won’t clash with your formatter.
There is also a new
fixTypes option that can be passed to the
CLIEngine class that implements the same feature for those using the API.
Note: Fixes in custom rules will not be applied when using
--fix-type unless they include a
meta.type field. If you are maintaining a plugin with custom rules, please update your rules.
- c832cd5 Update: add
id-matchrule (#10554) (一名宅。)
- ae2b61d Update: “off” options for “space-before-blocks” (refs #10906) (#10907) (Sophie Kirschner)
- 79a2797 Update: no-restricted-imports to check re-export (fixes #9678) (#11064) (Nicholas C. Zakas)
- 802e926 Update: Warn for deprecation in Node output (fixes #7443) (#10953) (Colin Chang)
- 9436712 Fix: Unused recursive function expressions (fixes #10982) (#11032) (Sergei Startsev)
- 54687a8 Fix: prefer-const autofix multiline assignment (fixes #10582) (#10987) (Scott Stern)
- dcc6233 Fix: Ignore empty statements in no-unreachable (fixes #9081) (#11058) (Nicholas C. Zakas)
- 5525eb6 Fix: rule deprecation warnings did not consider all rules (#11044) (Teddy Katz)
- 57f357e Docs: Update require-await docs with exception (fixes #9540) (#11063) (Nicholas C. Zakas)
- 3dd7493 Docs: update ecmaVersion to include 2019/10 values (#11059) (Vse Mozhet Byt)
- 4fe3287 Docs: Cross-reference two rules (refs #11041) (#11042) (Paul Melnikow)
- 44d37ca Docs: Update steps for adding new TSC member (#11038) (Nicholas C. Zakas)