ESLint v5.0.0-alpha.0 released
We just pushed ESLint v5.0.0-alpha.0, which is a major release upgrade of ESLint. This release adds some new features and fixes several bugs found in the previous release. This release also has some breaking changes, so please read the following closely.
Note: This version of ESLint is not ready for production use and is provided to gather feedback from the community before releasing the final version. Please let us know if you having any problems or feedback by creating issues on our Github repo or joining our Gitter channel.
This is a summary of the major changes you need to know about for this version of ESLint.
Since this is a pre-release version, you will not automatically be upgraded by npm. You must specify the
next tag when installing:
npm i eslint@next --save-dev
You can also specify the version directly:
npm i email@example.com --save-dev
As there are a lot of changes, we’ve created a migration guide describing the changes in great detail along with the steps you should take to address them. We expect that most users should be able to upgrade without any build changes, but the migration guide should be a useful resource if you encounter problems.
- f4b3af586 Breaking: Upgrade to Espree v4 alpha (refs #9990) (#10152) (Brandon Mills)
- d440e8496 Breaking: support @scope shorthand in plugins (fixes #9903) (#9905) (Toru Nagashima)
- a9ee9ae87 Breaking: require rules to provide report messages (fixes #10011) (#10057) (Teddy Katz)
- c383bc57f Breaking: Make require(‘eslint’).linter non-enumerable (fixes #9270) (#9692) (Jed Fox)
- 4eaebe5ae Breaking: set
parentof AST nodes before rules run (fixes #9122) (#10014) (Teddy Katz)
- 91ece32ac Breaking: remove special exception for linting empty files (fixes #9534) (#10013) (Teddy Katz)
- 27e3f24d8 Breaking: remove
sourceproperty from linting messages (fixes #7358) (#10012) (Teddy Katz)
- e4c3b3c56 Breaking: use an exit code of 2 for fatal config problems (fixes #9384) (#10009) (Teddy Katz)
- 2a7ecaa2a Breaking: Use strict equality in RuleTester comparisons (fixes #9417) (#10008) (Teddy Katz)
- 462b058d0 Update: Include debugging information when rule throws error (#9742) (Patrick Hayes)
- ea6fb17ae Update: Make no-cond-assign work for ternaries (fixes #10091) (#10109) (Aaron Harper)
- 3351129f9 Docs: add v5.0.0 migration guide (fixes #10142) (#10147) (Teddy Katz)
- 65cc83498 Docs: Ensure CLI doc sections match command line help order (#10144) (Kevin Partington)
- 9c791746b Docs: Update capitalized-comments with missing letters (fixes #10135) (#10134) (jasonfry)
- 9e66bfbc4 Docs: remove eslint vs jshint from faq (#10108) (alberto)
- 692e3830b Docs: Add modified variable examples for no-loop-func (fixes #9527) (#10098) (Rachael Sim)